- Artspace (Raleigh, NC), a thriving nonprofit visual art center in downtown Raleigh, hosts two emerging artists each year through the Regional Emerging Artist Residency. This 6-month studio residency includes a private, rent-free studio and a fully-supported exhibition at the end of the program. Residents engage with the community through open studios and educational programs.Deadline April 2. Read more.
- Cow House Studios (Wexford, Ireland) awards four, 10-week residencies to international artists (or teams of artists). Nestled at the foot of the scenic Blackstairs Mountains, visual/new media emerging and mid-career artists live and work on a historic farm property in large individual studios. Shared accomadations and group exhibition at Wexford Arts Centre included. (Runs Sept-Nov 2013) Deadline March 31. Read more.
- Green Olive Arts (Tetouan, Morocco) is an American-owned, international urban art residency, specializing in connecting the creatives of the world with the culture, beauty and creatives of Morocco. Artists (or groups of artists) can apply for one-week to four-month residencies at the studio. Fully equipped production spaces provided, with opportunities for interaction and collaboration with other local and international artists (housing not included). Applications accepted on an ongoing basis. Read more.
- National Art Studio, Chang-dong (Seoul, South Korea) The Internatinal Artists Residency Program is aimed at building a global community of artists through three and six-month residencies in Seoul, South Korea. Accepted visual artists are provided with private studios, a private room in shared apartment, generous monthly stipend, cultural excursions and exhibition opportunities. Deadline April 7. Read more.
- Star Collaboration at Eagle Hill School (Hardwick, MA) offers three-month residencies for visual, literary, musical, and performance artists at all stages of career development. Artists are housed at Eagle Hill’s state-of-the-art Cultural Center and mentor small groups of students from the Eagle Hill School. Selected artists receive 24/7 access to facilities, modest off-campus housing, all meals (& espresso), a monthly stipend and ample time to work on independent projects.Deadline May 1. Read more.
Additional opportunities for artists in April/May include:
- AIR Studio Paducah due to cancellation A.I.R. Studio Paducah has an opening for one artist from May 15-June 15, 2013, during Paducah’s Lowertown Arts and Music Festival. Artists pay modest rent for small storefront area, large workspace, and an attached apartment. Read more.
- I-Park Foundation – three special residencies with upcoming deadlines: Environmental Art: Residency & Biennale, Landscape/Garden Design and Architecture. The Environmental Art Program has a $2,000 artist’s stipend and travel reimbursement – and is open to various creative disciplines. Architecture and Landscape/Garden Design are part of I-Park’s multi-disciplinary residency program with customary support amenities provided. Deadline April 1. Read more.
See below for a full list of residency deadlines in April and May.
Alliance of Artists Communities
Golden Apple Art Residency (Harrington, Maine United States)
I-Park (East Haddam, Connecticut United States)
ISLAND Artist Residency at the Hill House (Mancelona, Michigan United States)
John Michael Kohler Arts Center (Sheboygan, Wisconsin United States)
The Mendocino Art Center Artist-In-Residence Program (Mendocino, California United States)
Artspace Regional Emerging Artist Residency (Raleigh, North Carolina United States)
McColl Center for Visual Art (Charlotte, North Carolina United States)
Ox-Bow School of Art and Artists Residency (Saugatuck, Michigan United States)
National Art Studio, Korea (Changdong) (Seoul , South Korea)
ACRE (Steuben, Wisconsin United States)
Bogliasco Foundation (Bogliasco, Italy)
Prairie Center of the Arts (Peoria, Illinois United States)
Starry Night Retreat (Truth or Consequences, New Mexico United States)
The Hambidge Center for Creative Arts and Sciences (Rabun Gap, Georgia United States)
The MacDowell Colony (Peterborough, New Hampshire United States)
The Studios of Key West (TSKW) (Key West, Florida United States)
Sitka Center / Artist and Ecologist Residency Program (Otis, Oregon United States)
Spiro Arts (Park City, Utah United States)
Joshua Tree Highlands Artist Residency (8215 Sunset rd., California United States)
Avaloch Farm Music Institute (Boscawen, New Hampshire United States)
BAU Institute Otranto (Ontrato, Italy)
STAR Collaboration at the Eagle Hill School (Hardwick, Massachusetts United States)
The Rockefeller Foundation – Bellagio Arts & Literary Arts Residency (Bellagio, Italy)
Ragdale Foundation (Lake Forest, Illinois United States)
Virginia Center for the Creative Arts (VCCA) (Amherst, Virginia United States)
A Studio in the Woods (New Orleans, Louisiana United States)
Atlantic Center for the Arts (New Smyrna Beach, Florida United States)
Kala Art Institute (Berkeley, California United States)