- Avaloch Farm Music Institute (Boscawen, NH) is extending their deadline for fall residencies to June 15th. The Institute hosts chamber music ensembles at all stages of development, giving time and an insulated environment where groups can work on repertoire, prepare for recordings, concerts, and competitions, and “forge or reconnect to their musical identity”. There is currently room for two to three more groups to take part in the inaugural residency (September & October). Read more.
- Boston Center for the Arts (Boston, MA) The Boston Center for the Arts (BCA) Artist Residency Program aims to provide an environment where artists can experiment with their craft, develop their focus or test new ideas and simultaneously engage in public dialogue. This fifteen-week, process-oriented residency is awarded to two individual artists per year (no groups or collaborative pairs). Through a series of community programs jointly developed by the artist and the BCA, the program allows artists to connect to the public and explore themes that inform their residency project. Read more.
- BAU Institute (Ontranto, Italy) encourages visual artists, architects, filmmakers, writers, performing artists, curators, sound artists, and composers to apply for twelve spots offered this year as part of the 2013 summer residency program. From June 1-30, BAU Institute artist fellows will live and work within the walled city by the sea – known for its legendary light and architecture- and are given studios in the legendary Castle of Otranto. Meetings are scheduled with visiting critics and public exhibition space can be arranged. In addition, fellows enjoy artisanal cuisine and guided excursions with a support staff. Deadline: May 1st. Read more.
- Torpedo Factory Art Center (Alexandria, VA) The Torpedo Factory Art Center Visiting Artist Program serves emerging and experienced visual artists through one, two, or three-month summer residencies (June, July, August). This is a self-directed, creative residency, with opportunities for informal collegial exchanges with Center’s 165 resident artists and over 1000 members. As part of the program, each Visiting Artist gives a demonstration, elaborating on his/her work and has the opportunity to display and sell original artwork. Read more.
- Norfolk Writers & Artists Retreat (Norfolk, CT) A writers and artists retreat on the village green in the Litchfield Hills. This colonial built in 1795 offers a quiet escape and tranquility with dedicated workshops in fiction and non fiction writing, poetry, painting, drawing, photography, graphic design, gourmet cooking, and other specialties. The retreat offers space for creative exploration and quiet respite, with all the comfort and hospitality of a former inn.Deadline: Rolling. Read more.
See below for a full list of residency deadlines in May and June. And, as always, happy searching! Alliance of Artists Communities
Visit http://artistcommunities.org/ to find out more!