Below is a list of residency programs and special opportunities with October/November deadlines. You can find information on hundreds of programs – including those with ongoing deadlines – as well as tips for finding and applying for residencies at:www.artistcommunities.org.
- The Hill House Residency at Institute for Sustainable Living, Art & Natural Design (ISLAND) (Bellaire, MI) now accepts parent artists! Emerging songwriters, writers at any career stage and non-studio artists who are accepted to the residency program may bring up to three children and/or caregivers while in residence. Solo artists as well as collaborating teams are welcome to apply. (Deadline: October 1) Read more.
- Artspace Regional Emerging Artist Residency (Raleigh, NC) provides emerging visual artists with private, rent-free studios in the historic Sanders Ford building in downtown Raleigh – one of the largest open studio environments in the country. Residents are provided with opportunities to engage the Triangle community during Artspace’s opening receptions and gallery walks. A fully supported exhibition is included. (Deadline: October 1) Read more.
- The HUB-BUB Artists-in-Residence (AiR) Program (Spartenburg, SC) – is a unique opportunity for four emerging visual artists, filmmakers, theater artists and musicians between the ages of 20-35. Artists are provided with time and space to do their work for 6 months in beautiful, large apartments with ample studio space and a stipend. This residency is highly social and involves working closely with the Spartanburg community. (Deadline: October 1) Read more.
- National Art Studio (Seuol, Korea) in partnership with UNESCO-Aschberg Bursaries for Artists Programme is offering three international bursaries for visual artists. The UNESCO-Aschberg Bursaries for Artists promotes the mobility of young artists and accepts applications from visual artists between the ages of 25-35 who live outside of Korea. The three-month residencies include roundtrip travel, studio space, a stipend of 3,000,000 KRW (2,000 euro) and opportunities to show at onsite gallery. (Deadline: October 4) Read more.
- UNESCO/Aschberg Bursaries to the Institute Sacatar (island of Itaparica, Brazil) – Emerging artists between the ages of 25-35, born and living in Africa, Asia, Russia and the former Soviet republics, the Middle East, Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific Islands can apply for awards in creative writing, music composition and visual arts. The program includes airfare to Institute Sacatar, private lodging and working studio, as well as most meals. (Deadline: October 14)Read more.
- Cultural Exchange International – Los Angeles Artists at the Instituto Sacatar(island of Itaparica, Brazil) – The Cultural Exchange International is a program of the Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs. In partnership with the Sacatar Foundation, fellowships will be provided to 1-2 artists living in Los Angeles County. The eight week fellowship includes private lodging and working studio, meals and a stipend of $3500. (Deadline: October 14) Read more.
- The Lighthouse Works Fellowships in Visual Art, Writing, and Music (Fishers Island, NY) – The Lighthouse Works is a small residency program set in a large house on Fischers Island (a small island community in the Long Island Sound). While the fellowships primarily go to visual artists, writers, and musicians—serious artists at any stage of their career are welcome to apply. (Deadline:October 15) Read more or watch a short video about the program.
Alliance of Artists Communities
Artspace Regional Emerging Artist Residency (Raleigh, North Carolina United States)
HUB-BUB (Spartanburg, South Carolina United States)
ISLAND Artist Residency at the Hill House (Mancelona, Michigan United States)
The Millay Colony for the Arts (Austerlitz, New York United States)
Ucross Foundation Residency Program (Ucross, Wyoming United States)
Vermont Studio Center (Johnson, Vermont United States)
Instituto Sacatar (Itaparica, Brazil)
Kala Art Institute (Berkeley, California United States)
Starry Night Retreat (Truth or Consequences, New Mexico United States)
The Lighthouse Works (Fishers Island , New York United States)
The Rensing Center (Pickens, South Carolina United States)
Omi International Arts Center (Art Omi) (Ghent, New York United States)
Penland School of Crafts (Penland, North Carolina United States)
BAU Institute Otranto (Otranto, Italy)
McColl Center for Visual Art (Charlotte, North Carolina United States)
Lawrence Arts Center (Lawrence , Kansas United States)
Grin City Collective (Grinnell, Iowa United States)